Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial Hospital, Raipur is the largest government health care facility in Chhattisgarh. Located in the heart of the city and within one kilometer from railway station & bus stand, Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital is commonly known as MECAHARA (Medical College Hospital Raipur). It is affiliated to Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Raipur & functioning since 1995. The OPD service runs daily from 8.30 am to 1.30 pm, except Sunday, with 24 hours emergency services.
Introduction of Department of Ent, Audiology And Speech Therapy Unit :-
1. OPD, OT and Audiological Unit of Department of ENT (No. 244) Situated in 2nd floor of the govt. hospital (Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial Hospital, Raipur) and 30 bedded ENT ward (ward No. 24) is situated in the 3rd floor.
2. Total No. of Patients attended in ENT OPD ranges from 70-90/day.
3. Total No. of patients attended in Audiologic Unit for Audiological tests 20-25 and speech therapy 40- 5 per day.
4. There is one Major OT (No.05) which functions every day and one minor OT exists in OPD.
5. Number of Major and minor operation per month are 45-50 and 210-220 respectively.